If you want to enjoy flavorful dinner with around 500 calories, this is it. Lamb, rice and piece of Naan bread will fill you up.
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1.8 pounds Bone-In Lamb Stew Meat
- 2 T fresh mint
- 2 t ground cumin
- 2 t ground coriander
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 1 t ground home made garam masala (recipe below)
- 1 t red chilli flakes OR ground cayenne (reduce to 1/2 teaspoon if you like less bite)
- 2 t salt (to taste, you might need 2.5 teaspoons)
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 T molasses
- Fresh mint, finely chopped
- In an iron skillet, heat canola oil on medium-high flame.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until onions are golden and glassy (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add lamb and sauté until just browned.
- Add mint, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, red chilli flakes, salt, crushed tomatoes, and molasses in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Using a large spoon, transfer contents of skillet into slow cooker insert. . Mix well to combine.
- Cover and set slow cooker on HIGH for 4 hours OR on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve with basmati rice.
1/2 t black pepper
1 t ground cloves
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 t all spice
1 t cardamom
3 bay leaves (crumbled)
1/2 t dill
1/2 t anise seeds