|It should be served with Naan bread but I opted out due to extra calories.|
Indian inspired chicken to be served with garam masala style creamed spinach and bismati rice. Lets visit the land of beautiful music and Buddha.
Serves 3 people
Slow Cooker Indian Style Chicken Drumstick
- 5 chicken drumstick (meat only)
- 1/2 c water
- 4 T Indian Style Rub (recipe below)
- Rub the chicken and place it in the slow cooker
- Add water and cook 2 to 3 hours on high or 4 hours on low
- Make sure the chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees
- Remove bones and shred it
- 1/2 T sonoran chipotle (smoky chipotle)
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 T curry powder
- 2 T cumin
- 2.5 T garlic powder
- 1.5 T onion powder
- 1.5 T tumeric
- 1.0 T ground mustard
- 1/2 T ground ginger
- 1 t anise seeds
- 1/2 t sage
- 1/2 t all spice
- 1 T salt
- 1/2 T black pepper
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1 T coriander
- Mix it well and rub it on chicken or lamb.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 T minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 oz frozen spinach (defrosted and excess water removed)
- 2 t cumin
- .5 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t garam masala (recipe follows)
- .5 t turmeric
- .5 salt
- 1 med tomato
- 1 C evaporated milk
- In a sauce pan, heat the oil and add minced garlic and ginger.
- Add onion and cook for about 5 min or until softened.
- After onion, garlic, and ginger have softened, add cumin, garam masala, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add peeled and diced tomato and cook for another 5 min or until the tomato is broken down.
- Add evaporated milk and heat it through.
- Add defrosted spinach and stir. Make sure is all heated through and creamy.
- Garam Masala1/2 t black pepper1 t ground cloves1/2 t cinnamon1/2 t nutmeg1/4 t all spice1 t cardamom3 bay leaves (crumbled)1/2 t dill1/2 t anise seeds