|After I made the Cevapcic, I placed them in the fridge to get little more firm before placing them on the grill.|
This one is a signature dish that you would eat if you visited the Balkans. Portion of 5 or 10 sausages, or Cevapcici are served with pita bread, onions, sour cream and Greek yogurt on the side. It is delicious. There are three different kinds of meat involved (lamb, beef and pork) but if you don't have the lamb, you can substitute turkey. Lamb is not always easy to find in the States.
- 1 lb 80% Lean Ground Chuck
- 1 lb ground pork
- 12 oz ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 3/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1 t baking soda
- Mix the meat well
- Add minced garlic and egg white
- Add all the seasonings and mix it well
- Measure about 1 oz or 28g per sausage, you should end up around 46 to 48 Cevapcici.
- Serve with pita bread, minced green onions, dollop of sour cream and cup of Greek yogurt.